Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Highway to Hell...

is what one team called it. I went. I did. I conquered. Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay 2009 was awesome, however, while I was running I was hating life and wondering why I even signed up for this. It was good the team finished in under 30 hours which was exciting. We are no BYU runners who finished in 17 hours but we were close behind!! :) The altitude killed me about 13 steps into my first leg. When I run in Hood to Coast I totally bank on the altitude difference and because of that I think the Wasatch Back is harder plus there are more hills. I did have fun and I will probably do it again especially when someone asks me to participate in a few months when the ache of my muscles is a distant memory. So after 30 hours of fun with 4.5 hours of sleep, I crashed on Saturday afternoon after a long awaited shower for about 17 hours. I can be a sleeper if I need to. I was pretty impressed by this skill of mine. Well, here is some of the fun. Enjoy real pictures on this post.

6 comments:

Harris Family said...

GO KIM!! That is very impressive! What a fun thing to do...for other people of course. :)

Jodi said...

You go girly! I especially loved the spagetti crusted jeans LOL that's funny! At first when I glanced at the pictures I thought Brad ran so hard he had blood on his toes =) nope just sauce.

Kristen said...

That's impressive. Good job. See you in a couple of weeks.

Queen of the Hill said...

Oh my goodness, I had so much fun with you. I think we should do the one in Arizona in February! Our body aches should be gone by then, right? I hope!

Nedra said...

Only anyone who has ever done something like that can appreciate it! I'm so darn proud of you and can't wait for HTC!

CAMI said...

All I can say is you are amazing!!! We do need to get together. My cell sometimes still works on and off up here where we are staying. We are up covered bridge canyon (about 15min up Spanish Fork canyon) Call when you have a minute and lets get lunch! Miss ya